Single Session Consultation
“In the Wings” is Butterfly’s free Single Session Consultation providing evidence-based assessment and psychoeducation for people with a referral from a General Practitioner (GP).
The Single Session Consultation was developed by Anthea Fursland PhD, FAED and Susan Byrne PhD, DPhil for The Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) in Western Australia, and has been shown to facilitate early reductions in eating disorder symptoms, an increase in the likelihood of people entering treatment and a reduction in waitlist length.
“In the Wings” is facilitated by psychologists trained by Drs Fursland and Byrne. We aim to provide participants with:
- a free 60-to-90-minute online session
- psychoeducation about the physical and psychosocial consequences of eating disorders
- a provisional diagnosis
- an understanding of the factors that are maintaining their eating disorder
- a range of psychoeducational resources
- a plan to work with while people wait to be offered ongoing treatment.
Are you concerned about your eating or body image? Ask your GP to complete and send us either referral below so we can help.
FOR CLINCIANS: To refer your patient, please complete the online referral form below which is secure and end-to-end encrypted.
Alternatively, you can fax us a copy of the completed referral form on the number provided in the downloadable referral form.
- Participants must have a GP referral to enroll for the session
- Participants must be at least age 12 years and above
- Parent/guardian consent and attendance is required for all participants aged under18 years
- Single Session Consultation is not a treatment program and is suitable only for those currently awaiting evidence-based treatment for an eating disorder in the community
- Sessions are free
- The program is currently receiving referrals from GP’s and Psychologists only during this initial pilot phase.
The Butterfly Foundation takes participant safety and wellbeing seriously. We are unable to offer medical monitoring and, therefore, require all participants to be regularly monitored by their GP to ensure medical wellness and stability at all times.
For more information
Please email our confidential In The Wings team at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the team will be in touch.
Do you need support now?
Whether you need support for yourself or someone you care about, call our free and confidential Helpline on 1800 ED HOPE (1800 33 4673), chat online or email.