Need help with dieting or body image concerns?
Butterfly’s Youth Program is a skills-based group therapy treatment program for young people aged 18-24 years.
We have a virtual program for anyone anywhere in Australia, and also one based in Crows Nest, Sydney.
If you are experiencing symptoms of disordered eating, Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder (BED) and feel you need more support, this program may help you.
How the program can help
Our clinicians are trained to work with young people struggling with eating disorders. In a safe, supportive and recovery-focused environment they’ll aim to help you:
- Reduce symptoms of your eating disorder
- Improve body image
- Develop skills to manage stress and emotions
- Manage relationships
- Enhance self-compassion
- Increase mindfulness
- Build a healthier relationship with food.
Next program: registrations or referrals now open
Program starts: 22 June, 2020
Assessments for future programs are ongoing, so please register or refer as soon as possible for upcoming programs.
Register below or click here to refer a client.
About the programs
Based on Enhanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT-E), Butterfly offers two separate programs that each run for 12 weeks. From 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm (twice a week for the first 10 weeks, then once a week for the final 2 weeks, with a total of 22 sessions).
These are small group programs and places are limited.
Virtual Youth Program
The Virtual Youth Program is delivered online through Zoom and is for young people aged 18-24 living in regional, rural and remote areas of Australia.
Face-to-Face Youth Program in Crows Nest
The Youth Program is for young people 18-24 years of age and is held at Butterfly House in Crows Nest. This program will also be virtual until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
During the ten-week program, you will be given the opportunity to explore, understand and gain insights and skills into your current thoughts, feelings and concerns around your body image and food.
- Psychological and dietetic group sessions
These sessions are aimed at addressing body image concerns, emotional regulation, relationship difficulties and psychological issues.
- Food challenges support
In a caring environment, these sessions teach new coping strategies to support behaviour change around food.
- You have symptoms consistent with Anorexia, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, OSFED, or disordered eating. Read more about eating disorders
- Your age is between 18-24 years.
- Your BMI is greater than 18.
- You agree to ongoing medical monitoring during the course of the program.
- You agree to engage with a community treating team, at minimum with a GP and psychologist.
- You are motivated to work towards recovery.