Recovery program | Emerging
The Emerging Program is an 8-week psychoeducation and skills program for individuals experiencing an eating disorder or engage in disordered eating. The program is delivered by trained and experienced peer support facilitators.
Emerging focuses on building skills and motivation to assist you with your recovery vision. It will help you:
- Increase your awareness of the effects of disordered eating on behaviour & thinking
- Identify and promote opportunities to explore what motivates you and what hinders your recovery
- Gain skills & strategies to keep you in track of your recovery vision and journey
- Reduce isolation and build your support networks
These topics are explored through discussions and reflective practices in a safe and supportive environment.
Emerging is open to anyone 18 years or over who is motivated to recover. However, for the safety and wellbeing of all attendees, we do set some minimum wellness criteria.
2023 program dates
Where: ONLINE (ZOOM)
- April 3rd – May 29th (April 10th National Public Holiday) (Registration closes March 27th)
- June 19th – Aug 7th (Registration closes June 12th)
- August 21st – October 16th (October 2nd National Public Holiday) (Registration closes August 14th)
Time: Monday 3:00 – 5:00 pm & Wednesday 5:30 – 7:30 pm (AEST/AEDT)
Fee: FREE TO ALL (Thanks to support by the Crown through the Tasmanian Department of Health.)
Can’t attend this course?
Find out about our free Virtual and Webchat Support Groups for anyone living with a body image issue or eating disorder.
Butterfly’s Virtual Support Groups are facilitated by trained peer facilitators who have lived experience of an eating disorder themselves. Anyone over age 18 from anywhere in Australia is welcome to attend.
Our Webchat Support Groups are facilitated by specialist counsellors from our National Helpline. Anyone over age 16 from anywhere in Australia is welcome to attend.