Information, support and referrals for your clients
The Butterfly National Helpline is not just a resource for people impacted by eating disorders and body image issues, but also clinicians and allied health practitioners.
Appropriate referrals for clients experiencing eating disorders
Search our database for specialists in other disciplines for your client’s treatment team, knowing practitioners on the Butterfly Referral database have demonstrated a basic understanding of working with eating disorders.
Our database includes services and practitioners across Australia including:
- Treatment and day services, GPs, psychologists, social workers, counsellors, dentists, pediatricians, psychiatrists, occupational therapists and other allied health professionals.
- Information on practitioners who provide video-conference services
- Low-cost services wherever possible.
Join our database
We are continually expanding our national database to increase access to services for people experiencing eating disorders or body image issues. Help us ensure people get access to the right treatment and support – apply to be on our database now.
Other ways we can support you and your clients
- Provide support to your clients, their families and carers in times of distress outside of your contact hours. Our specialist counsellors are on the line from 8am – midnight AEST, seven days a week.
- Support practitioners with general guidance on eating disorders and service options
- If you’re new to working with eating disorders, we can help support you to:
- Find education and supervision options
- General guidance with eating disorder Medicare items
- Learn more about what your client is experiencing and how to support them in getting treatment that suits their needs.
- Outline the other face-to-face and online education options your clients and their carers can access both hosted by Butterfly and external programs.