South Australia supporting young people’s body confidence
SOUTH AUSTRALIA – EMPOWER YOUR COMMUNITY TO SUPPORT YOUNG PEOPLE’S BODY CONFIDENCE!
With thanks to Variety – The Children’s Charity, Butterfly Education is bringing its unique range of whole community programs to 4 communities around SA during Semester 1 of 2018.
We are currently accepting ‘Expressions of Interest’ from youth and community organisations and local councils who wish to be considered for this heavily subsidised opportunity.
A whole community approach
Targeting young people, parents/carers and professionals, Butterfly Education’s programs address modifiable risk and protective factors underpinning the development of disordered eating and eating disorders: including self-esteem, body image, thin ideal internalisation and weight based teasing and bullying.
The services provided in each of the 4 locations will include:
- A heavily subsidised half-day professional development workshop (Body Esteem Educator Training) for educators and professionals working with young people aged 8 to 18
- A FREE parent and community seminar on supporting body confidence through childhood and adolescence
- A FREE ‘Champions for Change’ Youth Day bringing together students in Years 6 to 8 from local schools to explore issues around body confidence before developing a student led initiative.
To make these whole community programs successful we are looking for organisations:
- With a keen interest in supporting their community around the topics of body esteem and early intervention of disordered eating and eating disorders
- Connected to strong and established professional and community networks, including schools, to help drive the promotion of key events.
If you would to bring a whole community program to your area please express your interest HERE
Deadline – 31st September, 2017
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org