Presentations to young people
Our talks are aimed at young people aged 8 to 18, and those in tertiary education.
They can be offered to small or large groups (onsite and virtually), including youth forums and locality-wide wellbeing events.
Presentations explore a range of age and developmentally appropriate themes and are designed for mixed gender audiences, but can be delivered to single sex groups. Things our presentations cover include:
- Challenging cultural ideals and unhelpful language around appearance
- Using media and social media positively to inspire body confidence
- Deciphering unhelpful and potentially harmful health-related messaging
- Understanding self-esteem, body esteem and celebrating uniqueness and diversity
- Managing pressures and combating the inner critic
- Encouraging help seeking for self and others
- Debunking myths around eating disorders (for older and tertiary students).
“The teenagers loved Mitch and Rebecca. The girls are asking when they can come back. From what they’ve all told me it was interesting and relevant. Great work!” -Youth Program Coordinator, NSW
Our current youth presentations
- Let’s talk building body confidence (10 – 12 year olds)
- Let’s talk body image in the digital world (12 – 14 year olds)
- Let’s talk appearance ideals and pressures (14 – 16 year olds)
- Let’s talk relationships with eating and exercise (14 – 16 year olds)
- Let’s talk eating disorder myths (16 – 18 year olds)
- Let’s talking eating disorders for tertiary students (18 – 25 year olds)
- Champions for Change Youth Leadership Workshop (12 – 14 year olds)