Staff professional development
School staff are in excellent position to encourage healthy behaviours, spot the early warning signs and support students in their recovery.
We offer a range of on-site professional development programs to help your school support students experiencing body image concerns and eating disorders: Our programs help you to:
- Implement awareness and prevention strategies
- Provide basic early intervention support
- Inform you of appropriate referral support for students experiencing body image concerns and eating disorders
“We found the presentation engaging and very helpful. Please pass on our thanks. Many staff have walked by my office saying how excellent the session was and that Suzie was knowledgeable and gave them many practical strategies” -School Counsellor
Training can be delivered as part of a staff development day, or as a twilight session and are suitable for staff who want to strengthen existing curriculum programs, or to increase their understanding and ability to respond to at risk students. Themes covered in our programs include:
- The spectrum of behaviours from healthy, unhealthy to disordered
- The importance of healthy body-esteem and knowledge of modifiable risk and protective factors
- How to foster a positive body image environment through education, awareness and policy
- Identification of people at risk of an eating disorder
- Early Intervention and referral support
- Supporting students with eating disorders
Body Esteem Educator Training
A 4-hour workshop providing information and tools to support body esteem education and create a school environment which supports body confidence and healthy relationships with food and exercise.
Body Esteem Educator Training is also available at locations across Australia.