There are so many confusing messages around weight and health even adults can end up struggling with their own body image.
That’s why it can be difficult for parents and carers to know how to support their child’s body confidence as they move through childhood and adolescence —especially for those kids who are competing in higher level sport with a strong focus on performance and aesthetics.
Our parent seminars are delivered in a relaxed yet informative way and aim to help answer the following questions:
- Why is developing a healthy body image important?
- What influences my child’s body-esteem, including the role of sport?
- How should I respond if my child talks negatively about themselves or others?
- What should I do if my child is showing signs of unhealthy eating and exercise behaviour?
- How can parents and sporting professionals be good role models?
- Where can I access further information and support?
Body Confident Children and Teens (Athlete/Player Focused)
A 1.5-hour seminar for parents/carers on practical strategies for supporting positive body image in children young people, which can be adapted to specific sporting contexts.
Find out more about our prevention programs and how we can tailor them to fit the needs of your sporting organisation or group.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 02 8456 3908