Expressions of Interest; Company Secretary, Wandi Nerida
Position Title: Company Secretary
Site Location: Mooloolah Valley, Sunshine Coast, QLD
Commitment: Approximately 14 hours per month; this role will be remunerated for 11 to 12 meetings per annum
About Wandi Nerida
Wandi Nerida is the trading name for Butterfly Residential Care Pty Ltd and is limited by shares. It is Australia’s leading national charity for eating disorders and body image issues.
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are a purpose-built, multidisciplinary staffed facility, situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
In addition to Wandi Nerida providing a safe, innovative environment for those most in need of psychological and physical care, it will be an important pilot project for future Australian models and facilities.
Primary Objective of the Company Secretary Role
The Company Secretary performs the duties and responsibilities as required by the Corporations Act, the Company’s Constitution and any other relevant legislation or regulation.
In line with Wandi Nerida objectives, the Company Secretary will contribute to the success of the organisation by:
- Ensuring that Wandi Nerida complies with its statutory obligations under any relevant laws and regulations.
- Providing expert governance and strategic legal advice to the Board and management.
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualifications in business, law, accountancy or public administration.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, and the intellectual ability to advise on a wide range of issues, with significant knowledge of commercial and governance matters.
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience of corporate governance.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills with commercial judgement and decision matting ability.
- Extensive experience in the development, coordination and review of Board and committee agendas, agenda papers, reports and minutes.
- Empathy and understanding of lived experience with Eating Disorders.
Applications and Enquires
To apply, please supply your resume and a brief cover letter expressing your interest by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject Title: Company Secretary, Wandi Nerida.
For enquiries about this position, please also email email@example.com.