Position Vacant: Administration Assistant, Wandi Nerida
Help make recovery a reality for people affected by eating disorders. Join us to work at Australia’s only specialist residential eating disorder recovery centre. In our model of care, every role will make a difference.
Be Part of the Solution!
- Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- A new innovative health service that is leading the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Great salary packaging options under a not-for-profit arrangement.
- Permanent, part-time role available, for 32 hours per week, inclusive of rostered weekend work.
- Casual opportunities also available.
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
Every position at Wandi Nerida contributes to the fabric that holds the participants at the centre of our care and we have built a likeminded team committed to the overall wellbeing of our participants.
About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Administration Assistant to join the Wandi Nerida team. Harnessing strong administrative skills and a compassionate approach, you will undertake a wide variety of general administrative duties. As the first point of contact, this vital role will support the multidisciplinary team, helping to create a safe and nurturing environment for our participants.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Undertake general office duties to support the day-to-day business operations of the relevant Wandi Nerida team.
- Perform the duties of a Ward Clerk in a hospital setting such as ordering stock, liaising with pathology, radiology or pharmacy providers, maintaining medical records, and scanning documents into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Lead the admission and discharge processes in the patient administration system and electronic medical records. Respond to incoming telephone calls and emails in a timely, professional and appropriate manner; appropriately and quickly identify caller/contact person’s needs and respond, transfer or redirect appropriately.
- Provide efficient reception and administrative support service to the Wandi Nerida Community by prioritising workloads and exercising judgement and initiative to resolve immediate problems that arise.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders, and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: Administration Assistant, Wandi Nerida.
Closing Date: 20th October 2021, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
For enquiries about this position, please email email@example.com.