Position Vacant: Administrator, Butterfly Education Services
- Australia’s largest national organisation supporting people with eating disorders and body image concerns
- Rewarding, dynamic and innovating role in a well-established not-for-profit
- Supported by passionate and committed colleagues
- Based in either Sydney or Melbourne, with the opportunity to occasionally work remotely from home
- Generous salary packaging options
- 8FTE, permanent role
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from government, health and mental health organisations, and the eating disorder sector, raising awareness in the media and via community engagement. Butterfly runs Australia’s only national Eating Disorders Helpline, seven days a week; evidence-based clinical treatment and support programs; and delivers prevention initiatives in schools and the community to combat negative body image issues.
About the Role
The primary purpose of this position is to support the delivery of and efficient operation of Butterfly Education Services and undertake all administrative tasks relating to the booking of our school, community and professional presentations and workshops. This position will report to the Manager, Butterfly Education Services
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Butterfly Education Services.
- Be the first point of contact for all incoming inquiries (via web, phone, and email) relating to Butterfly Education Services, responding in a timely, informed, and professional manner, escalating more complex requests where necessary.
- Work with schools and other organisations to clarify their requirements and manage the booking process from end to end, creating booking forms, allocating bookings to facilitators, reconfirming arrangements, sending follow-up emails, arranging invoicing, and assisting with the following up of payments.
- Conduct administrative tasks relating to the organisation of virtual and face-to-face community and professional development workshops, including venue sourcing, catering, and travel arrangements (onsite events), and following procedures for creating events, managing registrations, setting up automated pre- and post-event communications on Butterfly’s CRM (virtual events).
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of service delivery for reporting purposes; sessions booked, participation levels and work-logs for session facilitators.
- Generate leads, and upload and maintain Prevention Services contacts on Butterfly’s CRM to optimise the marketing of services.
- Compile evaluation summaries post school, professional and parent trainings and seminars.
- Organise and maintain comprehensive electronic files.
- Maintain, quote and order (if required) stocks of printed materials and resources and ensure materials for school, community and professional sessions are sent in good time via courier or post.
- Participate in broader Prevention Services and Butterfly Team meetings and other activities as required.
- Work collaboratively across Butterfly teams, such as Accounts and Communications.
- Assist with other duties commensurate with the role as required.
Download the full position description
All applicants should supply a cover letter and resume. Please address the selection criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders and/or other mental health conditions, and their family members/carers.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Title: Administrator, Butterfly Education Services
Closing Date: Sunday the 26th of March 2023, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
For enquiries about this position, please email email@example.com