Position Vacant: Chef, Wandi Nerida
Help make recovery a reality for people affected by eating disorders. Join us to work at Australia’s only specialist residential eating disorder recovery centre. In our model of care, every role will make a difference.
Be Part of the Solution!
- Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- A new innovative health service that will lead the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Opportunity to be involved in formulating robust clinical and economic evidence on a new model of care.
- Great salary packaging options under a not-for-profit arrangement.
- x2 Permanent, full-time or part-time positions available.
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
Every position at Wandi Nerida contributes to the fabric that holds the participants at the centre of our care and we look forward to building a likeminded team committed to the overall wellbeing of our participants.
Please click here for more information about Wandi Nerida.
About the Role
We are seeking two experienced Chefs to join the Wandi Nerida team and use your exceptional culinary skills in a role in where you can really make a difference in the lives of people affected by eating disorders – preparing a range of nutritionally balanced and appropriate meals and snacks for our participants at Wandi Nerida and their families.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- In consultation with the Clinical Program Lead and the Dietitians, develop and update as required a menu aligned with the Wandi Nerida program.
- Assist the Dietitians with the participants’ scheduled Cooking Group as needed.
- With assistance from the Food Services Assistant, prepare all meals as scheduled in the food plan.
- Managing stocks and inventories of food supplies including liaising with suppliers for food orders.
- Oversee and support direct reports to ensure smooth day to day operations and an ongoing continuous improvement culture.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders, and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: Chef, Wandi Nerida.
Closing Date: 7th March 2021, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
For enquiries about this position, please email email@example.com.