Position Vacant: Eating Disorders Coordinator
- Australia’s largest organisation supporting people with eating disorders and body image concerns
- Rewarding, dynamic and innovating role in a well-established not-for-profit
- Supported by passionate and committed colleagues
- Generous salary packaging options
- Part-time 0.6 FTE
- Fixed-term contract until the 30th June 2023
Butterfly offers local, recovery-orientated, community-based support services, both for people experiencing and recovering from an eating disorder, and for those caring for someone with an eating disorder. The purpose of the Eating Disorders Coordinator role is to coordinate national delivery of Butterfly’s Recovery Support Services. The exact responsibilities of the role may vary from region to region, depending on what other services exist in the region, and what areas of the community are being targeted.
The Eating Disorders Coordinator will grow and deliver Butterfly’s Recovery Support Services in Tasmania, using a peer workforce model that both complements and strengthens the existing peer workforce in Tasmania. These services will be targeted to support Tasmanians living with a diagnosed eating disorder or disordered eating, and to those who care for them. The Tasmanian workforce will also deliver online services to Australians living in other States and the role of the Coordinator is to ensure ongoing seamless delivery of both face to face services (in Tasmania) and virtual services to those in other States.
The Eating Disorders Coordinator will develop and facilitate extensive local community engagement in and collaboration around eating disorders. The Eating Disorders Coordinator will achieve this through the development of localised health professionals networking forums; and the provision of counselling, information, referrals, support and education to people with eating disorders and their families. This role will recruit and train peer workers in the locality who will then also provide support, counselling, referrals and education to people with eating disorders and their families.
Reporting to the Recovery Support Services Manager, this position is part of the Butterfly Clinical and Support Services team.
Stakeholder engagement and network development
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with health service providers, health professionals and consumer and carer groups in Tasmania.
- Coordinate local collaboration of services and individual practitioners to address eating disorders, through formal networking and shared resources and skills or referral pathways and pathways.
- Identify and address local needs, particularly regarding the building of local health practitioners’ knowledge, confidence and ability to find evidence-based resources, support and guidance.
Eating disorders counselling, support and psychoeducation
- Deliver a peer workforce-based service model which includes counselling, information, referrals, support and education to people with eating disorders and their families.
- Provide information on eating disorders to health professionals, health services and interested members of the community.
- Coordinate access to introductory eating disorders education to groups and individual health professionals on a flexible basis to meet local needs.
- Ensure uninterrupted service delivery across all RSS programs.
- Lead/participate in regular case review meetings with team of peer support facilitators, team clinical supervisor, and RSS Manager to ensure safe and effective service delivery.
- Support RSS manager to conduct program evaluation, data collection and reporting for quality improvement and service development purposes in line with Butterfly’s clinical governance framework.
- Support Manager to report data related to service delivery, incident management and escalation to the Butterfly Safety and Quality Committee.
- Ensure that appropriate clinical and non-clinical records are set up and maintained in an accurate and timely manner and safely stored in line with privacy and health record management requirements.
- Regularly and proactively communicate with manager and with other areas of Butterfly such as HR and Marketing as needed.
- Participate in training, informal and formal, and maintain currency of professional knowledge and skills through continuing professional development.
- Assist with other duties commensurate with the role as required.
To be successful in this position, the post-holder will need to be able to demonstrate the essential qualifications, skills and knowledge listed below. In addition, the desirable skills, knowledge and behaviours listed will be beneficial to success in this position.
Download the full position description
All applicants should supply their resume and address the selection criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders, and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at email@example.com with the Subject Title: Eating Disorder Coordinator
Sunday the 22nd of January 2023, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy will close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
For enquiries about this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org