Position Vacant: Finance Officer
- Australia’s national organisation supporting people with eating disorders and body image concerns
- Rewarding, dynamic and innovating role in a well-established not-for-profit
- Supported by passionate and committed colleagues
- Based in Crows Nest, Sydney however hybrid working.
- 8 FTE or Fulltime
- Generous salary packaging options
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from government, health and mental health organisations and the eating disorder sector, raising awareness in the media, with key stakeholders and via community engagement. Butterfly runs Australia’s only national Helpline for eating disorders and body image issues, supporting nearly 40,000 people every year; delivers evidence-based clinical treatment and support programs; and provides prevention initiatives in schools and the community to combat negative body image issues.
About the role
The Finance Officer will work closely with Butterfly Finance Manager to ensure that Butterfly’s financial transactions are accurately recorded and maintained across legal entities. This role will process transactions in line with agreed Butterfly processes including but not limited to accounts payable and receivable, payroll, GST and general finance administration, reconcile accounts and produce statements. Monitoring accounts and following up with vendors/customers when required.
- Accounts Payable- processing weekly payments utilising accounts payable systems to ensure all payments are inline with Butterfly’s procurement processes. Including vendor follow up where required.
- Payroll – processing fortnightly payrolls including reporting requirements.
- Accounts Receivable and invoicing – processing all invoices and follow up on payments.
- Fundraising reconciliation and recording
- Employee Expense Reimbursement
- Workers compensation estimation and reporting
- Preparation of account reconciliations – including bank accounts, credit cards, monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Bank transfers – working with Finance Manager to ensure cash is transferred between accounts to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Investigate and respond to account queries as required
- Complete month end close processes as required
- Assist with audit and end of year processes.
- Ensure allocations to various internal departments are recorded accurately.
- Carry out any other general financial administrative duties as required – including keeping systems and data up to date and current, improving finance manual documentation.
- Work with the broader Butterfly team to continually improve service provided to the organisation.
- Administration of software licences to active users are kept up to date in order to manage risk and reduce cost
- Management of Purchase Orders to ensure budget holders are reviewing open PO’s on a regular basis
- Other administration tasks as to assist efficient and effective use or resources to deliver on strategic goals of Butterfly.
All applicants should supply their resume and address the selection criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Title:
Closing Date: 5th November, 2023, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders (and/or other mental health conditions), and family members/carers of people with eating disorders.
For enquiries about this position, please email email@example.com