Position Vacant: Graphic Designer
- Australia’s largest national organisation supporting people with eating disorders and body image concerns
- Rewarding, dynamic and innovating role in a well-established not-for-profit
- Supported by passionate and committed colleagues
- Based in either Sydney or Melbourne, with the opportunity to occasionally work remotely from home
- Generous salary packaging options
- 8 FTE permanent role
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from government, health and mental health organisations, and the eating disorder sector, raising awareness in the media and via community engagement. Butterfly runs Australia’s only national Eating Disorders Helpline, seven days a week; evidence-based clinical treatment and support programs; and delivers prevention initiatives in schools and the community to combat negative body image issues.
About the Role
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Graphic Designer will produce a broad range of engaging, impactful and high-quality digital, social and print visual content to be used in Butterfly resources and circulated via various Marketing and Communications channels.
The person who takes on the role of Graphic Designer will be a creative and passionate individual who oversees Butterfly’s design workflow across multiple departments. This person will excel at providing highly creative ideas, have a strong understanding of branding and identity and will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Work with the Communications & Engagement team to plan and create cross-platform, impactful visual content to support social media, online and marcomms initiatives.
- Fulfil, advise on and manage design requests from Butterfly departments across the organisation.
- Ensure that all visual outputs are consistently on brand and have a clearly defined communications objective.
- Periodically review and update Butterfly’s brand guidelines.
- Maintain and further develop Butterfly’s existing suite of templates.
- Provide regular training and day-to-day guidance to all Butterfly staff on branding best practice and visual identity.
- Establish a design file management system and archiving process to ensure better workflow.
- Provide design guidance to Fundraising team on branded merchandise for our online shop.
- Regularly research and report on new design trends and technologies to the Communications & Engagement team to maximise Butterfly creative outputs.
- Provide regular progress reports on projects and find effective solutions should barriers be faced.
- Write creative briefs to external agencies on a project-to-project basis.
- Tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent experience in graphic design.
- Proven professional experience in a design role.
- Prior experience using Adobe Suite applications (Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign/AfterEffects/PremierePro).
- Exceptional attention to detail with exemplary use of typography, colour and imagery.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with ease and handle a broad range of projects from different departments.
- Be able to work autonomously to manage workload and expectations, prioritising requests as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and design quality concepts and finished artwork aligned to brief/concept discussions.
For the FULL Selection Criteria
All applicants should supply their resume and portfolio or examples of previous work. Please address the selection criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders and/or other mental health conditions, and their family members/carers.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Title: Graphic Designer
Closing Date: Sunday the 26th of March 2023, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
For enquiries about this position, please email email@example.com