Position Vacant: Head of Clinical and Support Services
- Australia’s national organisation supporting people with eating disorders and body image concerns
- Rewarding, dynamic and innovating role in a well-established not-for-profit
- Supported by passionate and committed colleagues
- Based in Crows Nest, Sydney, with the opportunity to occasionally work remotely from home
- Generous salary packaging options
- Full time, permanent role
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from government, health and mental health organisations and the eating disorder sector, raising awareness in the media, with key stakeholders and via community engagement. Butterfly runs Australia’s only national Helpline for eating disorders and body image issues, supporting nearly 40,000 people every year; delivers evidence-based clinical treatment and support programs; and provides prevention initiatives in schools and the community to combat negative body image issues.
About the role
The Head of Clinical and Support Services is responsible for the strategic leadership and clinical governance of clinical programs and support services across the breadth of the Butterfly Clinical and Support Services portfolio (excluding the Wandi Nerida residential facility).
This position will be responsible for change initiatives, and for the safety and quality of all Butterfly clinical and support programs, operating in accordance with relevant professional codes of ethics and professional standards.
The role requires a senior and experienced clinician with a track record of service delivery.
The role will:
- Promote a culture through all levels of the organisation that places quality, safety and continuous improvement as something that all staff across all positions own and embrace.
- Lead the Butterfly Clinical Services Team to deliver high quality care and ensure a process of continuous improvement.
- Review and implement appropriate safety and quality standards (including the National Safety and Quality Digital Mental Health Standards) to ensure there are robust practice and clinical systems across the organisation to ensure the delivery of high-quality eating disorder services.
- Work to stay abreast of changing models of care in the eating disorders area and work collaboratively with Federal and State Governments to influence decision making in the best interests of Australians living with an eating disorder.
- Be Butterfly’s public voice on matters of clinical importance in the eating disorders and body image.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position is part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The SLT has the role of providing key leadership support to the CEO. The SLT contributes to the development of Butterfly’s strategic goals and objectives and assists with the continuing growth and development of Butterfly as a high performing community-based support organisation, quality services provider, leader in advocacy and peak body for people affected by eating disorders.
Download the full position deScription
All applicants should supply their resume and address the selection criteria (as detailed in the Position Description) in a separate cover letter.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Title:
Head of Clinical and Support Services.
Closing Date: Sunday the 5th of March, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders (and/or other mental health conditions), and family members/carers of people with eating disorders.
For enquiries about this position, please email email@example.com