Position Vacant: Kitchen Hand, Wandi Nerida
Help make recovery a reality for people affected by eating disorders. Join us to work at Australia’s only specialist residential eating disorder recovery centre. In our model of care, every role will make a difference.
Be Part of the Solution!
Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- A new innovative health service that will lead the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Opportunity to be involved in formulating robust clinical and economic evidence on a new model of care.
- Great salary packaging options under a not-for-profit arrangement.
- 16 hours per week available, to be worked across 4 shifts, inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- This position is available immediately.
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
Every position at Wandi Nerida contributes to the fabric that holds the participants at the centre of our care and we look forward to building a likeminded team committed to the overall wellbeing of our participants.
About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic, part-time Kitchen Hand to assist our Chefs by keeping our kitchen and dining area clean and well organised. You will also support the team with preparing, cooking and serving nutritionally balanced and appropriate meals and snacks to our participants at Wandi Nerida.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Clearing down of dining areas, kitchen, cooking equipment and tableware.
- Assisting our Chefs with food preparation, helping to prepare meals and snacks as scheduled in the food plan.
- Serving our participants meals and snacks in a supportive approach.
- Ensuring statutory hygiene and food storage and safety standards are met at all times during food preparation and storage, and be responsible for all food safety measures.
Previous experience working in a hospital or healthcare setting would be beneficial to the successful candidate.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders, and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at email@example.com with Subject Title: Kitchen Hand, Wandi Nerida.
Closing Date: 23rd June 2021, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
For enquiries about this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.