Position Vacant: Manager, Butterfly National Helpline & Recovery Support Services
- Australia’s largest organisation supporting people with eating disorders.
- Rewarding leadership role in a not-for-profit.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Great salary packaging options.
- 32 hours per week.
- 18 month fixed-term contract, with the possibility of an extension.
Are you ready to help make a change?
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from government, health and mental health organisations, and the eating disorder sector, raising awareness in the media and via community engagement. Butterfly runs Australia’s only national Eating Disorders Helpline, seven days a week; evidence-based clinical treatment and support programs; and delivers prevention initiatives in schools and the community to combat negative body image issues.
About the role
The role of Manager, Helpline and Recovery Support Services (HL-RSS) is to lead Butterfly’s ED Hope National Helpline and various support services ensuring that all services meet contractual obligations, are professionally delivered in an ethical and safe manner, and are evidence informed and/or evidence gathering.
The position is responsible for the effective and efficient management of people, administrative, and financial resources of these services, including contractual reporting and budget management. The Manager will implement improved referral pathways, continuum of care processes, communications and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, particularly PHNs, general practice, hospital and community-based treatment providers, and other lived experience/carer organisations.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Provide leadership to inform and guide the delivery of high-quality teleweb (Helpline) and support services in line with strategic and business plans, service delivery standards, agreed targets and budget.
- Recruit staff, review and report on staff performance, ensuring that staff develop and maintain required skills commensurate with their role.
- Manage resources, waitlists and staff rosters in a flexible and efficient manner to ensure uninterrupted and high-quality service delivery, in line with contractual obligations.
- Ensure effective monitoring, robust data collection, analysis and interpretation of outcome measures for service evaluation and reporting purposes.
- Implement evaluation of both Helpline and RSS on a regular basis and oversee the implementation of any changes recommended as a finding of the evaluation.
- Identify and advise on strategic opportunities for Butterfly support programs and services.
- Contribute to business development through the development of new service models, and associated grant writing or funding submissions.
- Develop recommendations for increasing awareness and visibility of Helpline and Recovery Support Services.
All applicants should supply their resume and address the selection criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications who do not address the selection criteria or include a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at email@example.com with the Subject Title: Manager (HL-RSS)
For enquiries about this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org