Position Vacant: Marketing Engagement Manager
- Australia’s largest national organisation supporting people with eating disorders and body image concerns
- Rewarding, dynamic and innovating role in a well-established not-for-profit
- Supported by passionate and committed colleagues
- Based in either Sydney or Melbourne, with the opportunity to occasionally work remotely from home
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible 32 Hours per week; Monday-Friday
- Permanent contract, with the possibility of extension
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from government, health and mental health organisations and the eating disorder sector, raising awareness in the media, with key stakeholders and via community engagement. Butterfly runs Australia’s only national Helpline for eating disorders and body image issues, supporting nearly 40,000 people every year; delivers evidence-based clinical treatment and support programs; and provides prevention initiatives in schools and the community to combat negative body image issues.
About the role
This is an exciting and essential role, working within the communications and engagement team to support Butterfly programs and services across the organisation, with a particular focus on Butterfly’s National Helpline for eating disorders and body image issues.
Working closely with Butterfly’s lived experience community, you will champion our inclusion and diversity strategy through campaigns, stakeholder engagement and representation of diverse and/or marginalised groups, with the voice of lived experience at the heart of everything you do.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Integrated brand marketing: consolidate Butterfly as a credible, evidence-based, results-driven service delivery organisation; encourage help-seeking and build on Butterfly national Helpline’s reputation as the key channel for support on eating disorders and body negativity; develop brand communications including contributing web content ideas to help with promotion of services and working with the communications team to deliver services-focussed media coverage.
- Digital marketing strategy: responsible for Butterfly’s website development and navigation; market segmentation; eDM communications and customer journeys.
- Advertising and promotion for Butterfly services and programs, including the national Helpline; managing the $10k per month Google ad grant and other social and paid media advertising.
- Stakeholder engagement: foster and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in target populations, healthcare, and other mental health organisations, to develop referral pathways.
- Special Projects:, lead on Butterfly’s Inclusion and Diversity projects including the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP); and on campaigns to improve reach to target populations including males, and LGBTIA+, multicultural, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Advise on, track, and report on marketing budgets across different business units and manage expenditure effectively for maximum success.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders, and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and portfolio or examples of previous work. Please address the selection criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders (and/or other mental health conditions), and family members/carers of people with eating disorders.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Title:
Marketing Engagement Manager
Closing Date: 26th September 2021, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
For enquiries about this position, please email email@example.com