Position Vacant: Casual Recovery Navigators, Wandi Nerida
Help make recovery a reality for people affected by eating disorders. Join us to work at Australia’s only specialist residential eating disorder recovery centre. In our model of care, every role will make a difference.
Be Part of the Solution!
- Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- A new innovative health service that will lead the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Opportunity to be involved in formulating robust clinical and economic evidence on a new model of care.
- Great salary packaging options under a not-for-profit arrangement.
- Casual contracts available.
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
Every position at Wandi Nerida contributes to the fabric that holds the participants at the centre of our care and we look forward to building a likeminded team committed to the overall wellbeing of our participants.
Please click here for more information about Wandi Nerida.
About the Role
We are seeking a number of compassionate and experienced Recovery Navigators to intensively support and guide our participants at Wandi Nerida on a casual basis. The Recovery Navigators will help participants navigate the program, to ultimately facilitate their recovery. These essential positions are responsible for much of the daily client interaction, and they will support the wider multidisciplinary team to develop care recovery plans, to enable participants to lead fulfilling lives.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Work collaboratively with the Wandi Nerida Team to help establish trust and rapport with participants in the recovery treatment program.
- To demonstrate an understanding of clinical interventions relevant to the care group including; education, care planning and discharge planning, as well as working closely with carers, families and partner agencies to facilitate this.
- To work at all times to promote the safety and the well-being of participants and their families/carers.
- To be part of the multidisciplinary team providing a specialist Eating Disorder treatment and recovery program.
- Assist in the co-facilitation of group programs, including delivery of education and awareness activities.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders, and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: Recovery Navigator, Wandi Nerida.
Closing Date: 26th September 2021, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
For enquiries about this position, please email email@example.com.