Position Vacant: Sessional Presenter, Body Kind Sports
Do you want to impact young athlete’s mental health in a positive way? Do you have a sporting background as an athlete, coach/support staff or judge? Are you someone who absolutely loves presenting and has a real ability to connect to audiences?
Butterfly Foundation is looking for a passionate, articulate and dynamic sessional presenter to support our Body Kind Sport program offering presentations and workshops to young people, coaches/support staff and parents engaged in a wide variety of sports at recreational through to pathway-developmental levels.
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from government, health and mental health organisations and the eating disorder sector, raising awareness in the media, with key stakeholders and via community engagement. Butterfly runs Australia’s only national Helpline for eating disorders and body image issues, supporting nearly 40,000 people every year; delivers evidence-based clinical treatment and support programs; and provides prevention initiatives in schools and the community to combat negative body image issues.
Our interactive and engaging sessions are evidence (informed and address the known risk and protective factors that can lead to the development of negative body image and in turn, disordered eating and eating disorders.
We are looking for people who:
· Have exceptional presentations skills and a proven ability to connect and engage with a wide range of audiences, including young people
· Are passionate advocates for positive body image.
· Possess a good understanding of the risks and protective factors with eating disorders.
· Have a background in health science, allied health, psychology, sports dietetics/nutrition, sports/exercise physiology or a background as an athlete, coach or judge.
· Possess a current employee Working With Children Check clearance.
· Hold a current driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
· Are reliable, self-motivated and a good communicator.
· Have sufficient availability (at least 2-days per week during school term-time for a minimum of 18 months)
Please note we cannot guarantee the amount of work that will be offered to a sessional presenter. This role is new and part of an expanding area of work for Butterfly. It is suited to someone wishing to combine with their existing employment or study
Priority recruitment areas are Melbourne or Sydney, but we would consider applications from outstanding candidates in other major cities who are able to travel interstate.
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to proceed with candidates living in regional areas.
For enquiries about this position, contact Helen Bird, Education Services Manager, on 02 8456 3908 or email email@example.com
- Record a digital clip of yourself presenting. Please imagine you are talking to a team of gymnastics coaches. What 3 key messages would you share with them to support positive body image within their club environment. No props or slides are required. Maximum 4 minutes.
- As part of your application, please submit your resume, a link to your digital clip AND a covering letter clearly addressing the Selection Criteria (essential and desirable) as listed in the Position Description. Applications which do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered. (Please also ensure your digital clip is not password protected/limited to a singular email address as it will be reviewed by Butterfly’s selection panel).
Applications should be submitted, by email only, to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: Sessional (Sport) Presenter Job Application
Applications close Sunday, 13th November 2022
Initial interviews are likely to take place week commencing 28th November 2022. Selected candidates will then be required to attend a 1.5hr hour second-stage selection and information session before offers are made. It is anticipated this will be held week commencing 12th December 2022.