Position Vacant: Youth Sessional Presenter, Education Services
Do you want to impact young people’s mental health in a positive way?
Are you someone who absolutely loves presenting and has a real ability to connect and relate to young people?
Butterfly Foundation is looking for passionate, articulate and dynamic sessional presenters to join our Education Services casual staff delivering presentations to young people in schools and community settings.
We are also seeking professionals with relevant knowledge and experience to facilitate our parent seminars and workshops for professionals. For the right candidate, there may be opportunities to deliver the full breadth of our services to young people, parents and professionals.
Butterfly is Australia’s largest not for profit supporting those with eating disorders and negative body image and the people who care for them.
Our interactive and engaging sessions are evidence informed and address the known risk and protective factors that can lead to the development of negative body image and in turn, disordered eating and eating disorders.
We are looking for people who:
- Have exceptional public speaking skills and experience in delivering presentations to large groups.
- Are engaging and dynamic presenters who can relate well to and inspire school aged young people.
- Are passionate advocates for positive body image.
- Possess a good understanding of the risks and protective factors for body dissatisfaction and eating disorders.
- Have a health science, allied health, psychology, education, drama/performance or similar background.
- Possess a current employee Working With Children Check clearance.
- Hold a current driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle.
- Are reliable, self-motivated and a good communicator.
- Have sufficient availability (at least 2-days per week during school term-time for a minimum of 18 months)
Please note we cannot guarantee the amount of work that will be offered to a sessional presenter. This role is casual, does not offer core hours and suited to someone wishing to combine with their existing employment or study
Applicants must live in metro Melbourne or Sydney and be prepared to travel within metro areas and on occasion to more regional and rural areas. (Mileage and petrol allowance provided).
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to proceed with candidates living outside of metro areas.
For enquiries about this position, contact Helen Bird, Education Services Manager, on 02 8456 3908 or email email@example.com
- Please obtain and read the Position Description including Full Selection Criteria HERE.
- Record a digital clip of yourself presenting. Please imagine you are talking to a large group of Year 9 students. What 3 key messages would you share with them to add to their body image tool kit. No props or slides are required. Maximum 4 minutes.
- As part of your application, please submit your resume, a link to your digital clip AND a covering letter clearly addressing the Selection Criteria (essential and desirable) as listed in the Position Description. Applications which do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered. Please also ensure your digital clip is not password protected/limited to a singular email address as it will be reviewed by Butterfly’s selection panel.
Applications should be submitted, by email only, to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: Sessional Presenter Job Application
Applications close February 16th 2024
Initial interview are likely to be conducted week commencing 26th February. Selected candidates will then be required to attend a 1.5hr second-stage selection and information session before offers are made.