Position Vacant: Sessional Presenter, Education Services
Do you want to impact young people’s mental health in a positive way? Are you someone who absolutely loves presenting and has a real ability to connect and relate to young people?
Butterfly Foundation is looking for passionate, articulate and dynamic sessional presenters to join our Education Services casual staff delivering presentations to young people in schools and community settings. For those with relevant knowledge and experience there is also the opportunity to facilitate our parent seminars and workshops for professionals.
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from government, health and mental health organisations and the eating disorder sector, raising awareness in the media, with key stakeholders and via community engagement. Butterfly runs Australia’s only national Helpline for eating disorders and body image issues, supporting nearly 40,000 people every year; delivers evidence-based clinical treatment and support programs; and provides prevention initiatives in schools and the community to combat negative body image issues.
Our interactive and engaging sessions are evidence informed and address the known risk and protective factors that can lead to the development of negative body image and in turn, disordered eating and eating disorders.
We are looking for people who:
- Have exceptional presentation skills and are engaging and dynamic presenters who can relate well to and inspire school aged students, professionals and parents.
- Are passionate advocates for positive body image.
- Possess a good understanding of the risks and protective factors for eating disorders.
- Have a health science, allied health, psychology, education, drama or similar background.
- Possess a current employee Working With Children Check clearance.
- Hold a current driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle.
- Are reliable, self-motivated and a good communicator.
- Have sufficient availability (at least 2-days per week during school term-time for a minimum of 18 months)
Please note we cannot guarantee the amount of work that will be offered to a sessional presenter. This role is suited to someone wishing to combine with their existing employment or study
Priority recruitment areas are Melbourne and Sydney, but we would consider applications from outstanding candidates in other major cities who are able to travel interstate (occasionally) and who would also be willing to undertake activities to promote Butterfly Education Services locally.
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to proceed with candidates living outside of metro areas.
For enquiries about this position, contact Helen Bird, Education Services Manager, on02 8456 3908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record a digital clip of yourself presenting. Please imagine you are talking to a large group of Year 9 students. What 3 key messages would you share with them to add to their body image tool kit. No props or slides are required. Maximum 4 minutes.
- As part of your application, please submit your resume, a link to your digital clip AND a covering letter clearly addressing the Selection Criteria (essential and desirable) as listed in the Position Description. Applications which do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered. (Please also ensure your digital clip is not password protected/limited to a singular email address as it will be reviewed by Butterfly’s selection panel).
Applications should be submitted, by email only, to Human Resources, email@example.com with subject title: Sessional Presenter, Education Services Job Application
Applications close Sunday 13th November
Initial interviews are likely to take place week commencing 28th November 2022. Selected candidates will then be required to attend a 1.5hr hour second-stage selection and information session before offers are made. It is anticipated this will be held week commencing 12th December 2022.