Position Vacant: Sessional Presenter (Parents & Professionals), Education Services
Do you want to impact young people’s mental health in a positive way?
Do you have excellent facilitation skills and a professional background in health, psychology or education?
Butterfly Foundation is looking for passionate, articulate and dynamic sessional presenters to join our Education Services casual staff delivering presentations to parents, educators and other professionals working with young people.
For the right candidate, there may be opportunities to deliver large-scale presentations to young people.
Butterfly is Australia’s largest not for profit supporting those with eating disorders and negative body image and the people who care for them.
Our interactive and engaging workshops are evidence informed and address the known risk and protective factors that can lead to the development of negative body image and in turn, disordered eating and eating disorders.
We are looking for people who:
- Have exceptional facilitations skills and experience in delivering professional development and/or community education.
- Have a good understanding of the risk and protective factors for body dissatisfaction, disordered eating and eating disorders.
- Are engaging and dynamic facilitators who can relate well to diverse audiences
- Are passionate advocates for positive body image.
- Have a health science, allied health, psychology, education, dietetics, or similar background.
- Possess a current employee Working With Children Check clearance.
- Hold a current driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle.
- Are reliable, self-motivated and a good communicator.
- Have sufficient availability (across a couple of days per week during school term-time for a minimum of 18 months)
Please note we cannot guarantee the amount of work that will be offered to a sessional present. This role is casual, does not offer core hours and therefore suited to someone wishing to combine with their existing employment or study.
Applicants must live in metro Melbourne and be prepared to travel, usually up to 1hrs radius from Melbourne and on occasion to regional areas. (Mileage allowance provided for all travel).
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to proceed with candidates living outside of metro areas.
For enquiries about this position, contact Helen Bird, Education Services Manager, on 02 8456 3908 or email email@example.com
- Please obtain and read the Position Description including Full Selection Criteria
- Record a digital clip of yourself presenting. Please imagine you are talking to a school wellbeing team. What 3 key messages would you share with them on how they can create a culture in their school which supports positive body image and healthy relationships with eating and exercise. No props or slides are required. Maximum 5 minutes.
- As part of your application, please submit your resume, a link to your digital clip AND a covering letter clearly addressing the Selection Criteria (essential and desirable) as listed in the Position Description. Applications which do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered. Please also ensure your digital clip is not password protected/limited to a singular email address as it will be reviewed by Butterfly’s selection panel.
Applications should be submitted, by email only, to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: Sessional Presenter Job Application
Applications close February 16th 2024
Initial interview are likely to be conducted week commencing 26th February. Selected candidates will then be required to attend a 1.5hr second-stage selection and information session before offers are made.