Position Vacant: VMO Psychiatrist, Wandi Nerida
Be an inspiring clinician, improving outcomes for people living with eating disorders.
Be Part of the Solution!
- Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- Opening expected May 2021, a new innovative health service that will lead the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Opportunity to be involved in formulating robust clinical and economic evidence on a new model of care.
- Great salary packaging options under a NFP arrangement.
- Permanent role for 10 hours per fortnight, with some additional on-call.
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
Wandi Nerida is situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders. It will be a licensed private mental health facility that provides a unique service within the eating disorder care continuum and accepts referrals from all states and territories in Australia. Within the ecosystem of eating disorder services, Wandi Nerida will fill the gap between acute hospital admission and outpatient care and provide an opportunity for a more intensive psychological recovery
This 13 bed purpose-built, multidisciplinary staffed facility will provide a healing space where people living with eating disorders can work, over time, towards healthy minds and bodies. The B-FREEDT model is recovery orientated integrating lived experience as a key feature of our staffing model. In addition, to Wandi Nerida providing a safe, innovative environment for those most in need of psychological and physical care, it will be an important pilot project for future Australian models and facilities. The care we deliver will allow us to gather the evidence we need to make the case for the provision of high-level residential care and support across multiple sites around Australia.
About the Role
We are seeking qualified and experienced Psychiatrists in Eating disorders to join our team as Visiting Medical Officers (VMO). For one of the positions, advanced training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry would be beneficial. These roles will be integral to the service we provide at Wandi Nerida, providing clinical psychiatric leadership for a multidisciplinary mental health team.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality care to participants and carers benchmarked to established professional standards and protocols. This includes providing recovery-oriented services supporting clients to develop a sense of hope, self-awareness, and connectedness with their community and personal responsibility.
- Support and assist in developing the strategic direction of the rehabilitation and recovery services at Wandi Nerida.
- Support and ensure the maintenance and development of best practice within the team and identify opportunities for innovation and improved service delivery.
- Assist the Nurse Unit Manager and Clinical Director to maximize the effective use of resources across the service settings by providing strong leadership and service linkages.
- Assist in quality improvement clinical governance, strategic development, and management of the service in accordance with the strategic directions and policy set by Queensland Health, Wandi Nerida and the Executive Management Team, Wandi Nerida.
- Contribute to education and training of clinical staff.
- Provide supervision to psychiatry trainees meeting the requirements of the RANZCP if required and contribute to staff and self-performance management and development.
- Contribute to the initiation and development of the research agenda.
- Lead a culture of safety and quality that is aligned to the Clinical governance framework and organisations Model of care.
- Contribute to Credentialling for medical staff as required.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders, and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: VMO Psychiatrist, Wandi Nerida
Closing Date: 7th March 2021, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
For enquiries about this position, please email email@example.com, or contact Ms. Jodie Ashworth on 0439 106 355.