Join the Butterfly Referral Database
Do you have an understanding of eating disorders?
Our National Helpline Referral Database is a directory of professionals screened for an understanding of eating disorders so people Australia-wide can get help in recovering or caring for someone with an eating disorder.
Who can apply to be part of the Butterfly Referral Database?
Any health professional or service operating in Australia can apply, including:
- General Practitioners (GPs)
- Social workers
- Occupational therapists
- Allied health professionals
- Treatment and day services
If you have an understanding of eating disorders, please apply. If you have the ANZAED credential, Connect.ed, you are automatically eligible and do not need to be vetted by Butterfly’s qualified counsellors for experience and expertise in eating disorders.
Join our network of over 800 services and practitioners to:
- Gain new clients
- Access professional development information and resources
- Connect with allied professionals for your client’s treatment team.
- Apply online using the buttons above
- Complete the individual practitioner or service application form (Allow 5- 10 minutes to complete)
- Our team will be in contact within four weeks to screen and verify your application (please allow about 20 minutes for this conversation). If you have the ANZAED credential, Connect.ed, you can skip this step and will be automatically eligible once verified. You will still need to complete the application form to provide your contact details, areas of expertise, etc.
Please update your details if you have:
- Moved locations
- Are working at an additional location
- Made any other changes to your contact or practice details
- Not currently taking new clients (eg. full workload, taking maternity leave or other extended period of leave).
We recommend starting with the following resources if you are interested in:
- Increasing your knowledge in the area of eating disorders prior to applying
- Staying up to date with current knowledge in the field.
Professional development training and workshops
The Butterfly monthly newsletter includes updates on professional development opportunities including training, workshops, conferences and journal articles).
Otherwise, other resources for education and professional development include:
- National Eating Disorders Collaboration (NEDC)
- Australia and New Zealand academy for eating disorders (ANZAED)
- Inside Out
- Centre for Excellence in Eating Disorders (CEED)
- Academy of eating disorders (AED)
- Queensland Eating disorder service (QuEDs)
- Eating Disorders Queensland (EDQ)
- WA eating disorders outreach & consultation service (WAEDOCS)
- SA state-wide eating disorders service (SEDS)
- Eating disorders Victoria (EDV)
- Sydney Children Hospital Network eating disorder service
- Centre for clinical interventions (CCI)
Eating disorder journals
Contact the Butterfly National Helpline. Our specialist counsellors are available from 8am – midnight (AEST/AEDT), seven days a week and can provide:
- Information, resources, and referrals
- Help to build your client’s treatment team by providing referrals to specialists in other disciplines
- Support to your clients, their families, loved ones, and other carers in times of distress outside of your contact hours.
Have a question?
If you have a question or would like to know more about our Referral Database, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org