Join the Butterfly National Helpline referral database
Gain new referrals from the Butterfly National Helpline.
With over 28,000 contacts per year the Butterfly Foundation’s National Helpline is often the first point of contact for Australians concerned by an eating disorder or body image issue. A key part of our role is to refer people experiencing an eating disorder to treatment pathways.
Do you have an understanding of eating disorders?
The Butterfly National Helpline provides appropriate referrals from our database to professionals screened for an understanding of eating disorders so people Australia-wide can get help in recovering or caring for someone with an eating disorder.
Who can apply to be part of the Butterfly Referral Database?
Any health professional or service operating in Australia can apply, including:
- General Practitioners (GPs)
- Social workers
- Occupational therapists
- Allied health professionals
- Treatment and day services
If you have an understanding of eating disorders, please apply.
Join our network of over 400 services and practitioners to:
- Gain new clients
- Access to professional development information and resources
The Butterfly National Helpline – supporting you and your clients:
- We can provide support to your clients, their families and carers, in times of distress outside of your contact hours. Our specialist counsellors are on the line from 8am – midnight AEST, seven days a week
- Get referrals to specialists in other disciplines to build your client’s treatment team – email email@example.com
- Apply online using the buttons above
- Complete the individual practitioner or service application form (Allow 5- 10 minutes to complete)
- Our team will be in contact within four weeks to screen and verify your application (please allow about 20 minutes for this conversation).
Update your details if you have:
- moved locations
- are working at an additional location
- made any other changes to your contact or practice details
- not currently taking new clients (eg. full workload, taking maternity leave or other extended period of leave)
We would recommend starting with the following resources if you are interested in:
– increasing your knowledge in the area of eating disorders prior to applying,
– staying up to date with current knowledge in the field.
Professional development training and workshops
- Butterfly Foundation newsletter (includes updates on profession development including training, workshops, conferences and journal articles)
- National Eating Disorders Collaboration (NEDC)
- Inside Out
- Centre for Excellence in Eating Disorders (CEED)
- Australia and New Zealand academy for eating disorders (ANZAED)
- Academy of eating disorders (AED)
- Queensland Eating disorder service (QuEDs)
- Eating Disorders Queensland (EDQ)
- WA eating disorders outreach & consultation service (WAEDOCS)
- SA state-wide eating disorders service (SEDS)
- Eating disorders Victoria (EDV)
- Sydney Children Hospital Network eating disorder service
- Centre for clinical interventions (CCI)
- ANZAED (Adelaide, August 2019)
- ICED (New York, March 2019, Sydney 2020)
- AHWED – At home with eating disorders carers conference (Brisbane, November 2019)
Eating disorder journals
Have a question?
If you have a question or would like to know more about our referral database, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org