Self help resources from the Butterfly blog
Eating Disorder Questions Answered by Doctor Erin Gordon
Content warning: This video may contain triggering images for some.
With over 1 million Australians currently experiencing an eating disorder, Dr. Erin Gordon weighs in to answer some of your questions about eating disorders via ABC Science.
If you are looking for education resources to use in schools click here.
For more evidence-based information visit the NEDC website
If you are looking for resources to use in prevention programs with young people click here.
Thank you for choosing to research Butterfly and the issues of body image and eating disorders. We hope you find the following information and links helpful. Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to respond to individual questions, complete student questionnaires or give interviews.
Links to Information
- Our website has lots of information! We suggest you take a look at the following:
- For information and fact sheets, view our eating disorders and body image menus.
- For information on Butterfly take a look at About Us, view our latest Annual Report and visit our Media Centre for latest news.
- For personal stories or experiences of eating disorders visit our Your Stories
- For topics of interest, please visit our Blog.
- For research articles and further evidence based information visit the National Eating Disorders Collaboration. Tertiary students may also be interested in the Journal of Eating Disorders.
- For an evidence based overview of eating disorders in young people, including prevalence data read Orygen’s Report Nip it in the bud
- For an online tool that guides young people to information and support on eating disorders, visit Eating Disorders Info.
- For information on how eating disorders are treated visit the Navigating Your Way to Health Guide by Everymind
We have also provided some answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Good luck with your assignment and remember, if you or someone you care about needs help you can contact the Butterfly National Helpline
Student wellbeing days
Unfortunately, Butterfly is unable to man stalls at student wellbeing events. However, you are welcome to download and share any of the materials on our website. If you would like a young-person friendly bookmark which provides positive affirmations and help-seeking recommendations for students (upper primary and above) including details of our National Helpline you can order through the Butterfly Shop. Bookmarks are free but paid postage is required.