Our partners & supporters
Butterfly Foundation relies heavily on the support of the community to provide our essential services and support for those suffering from an eating disorder and negative body image along with their families, friends and carers. But we haven’t done this alone!
Over the past ten years, our partners have contributed towards:
- The realisation of a National Helpline for those seeking vital assistance
- Development of Butterfly’s education programs which have reached over 1.2 million young people in schools across Australia
- Development and launch of Butterfly Body Bright, Australia’s first whole of primary school body image program
- Support for Body Kind Families and Body Kind Schools
- Support for Butterfly Collective, lived experience network
- Development of KIT the chatbot
- Support for Wandi Nerida residential treatment centre
- Financial support for those who cannot afford treatment through our Financial Assistance for Recovery Program
- Pro bono legal support to assist in our governance and compliance requirements
We are also very grateful for the support of the Federal Government and various state governments as well a number of Primary Health Networks across Australia.
Butterfly Foundation is proud to work with a number of Community Partners who work together to support those living with eating disorders and negative body image.
We acknowledge the following:
- Beyond Blue
- Blackdog Institute
- Centre of Culture, Ethnicity and Health
- Eating Disorders Alliance of Australia (comprising Butterfly Foundation, Eating Disorders Queensland, Eating Disorders Victoria, Eating Disorders Families Australia and the Australia and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders)
- Embrace Multicultural Mental Health
- endED Australia
- eSafety Commissioner
- LGBTIQ+ Health Australia
- Lifeline Australia
- National Mental Health Commission
- National Eating Disorders Collaboration
- Reconciliation Australia
- SANE Australia
The Honourable Peter Vickery QC was the inaugural Patron of the Butterfly Foundation from its beginning in 2002 until 2014. Peter Vickery was appointed a Judge of the Supreme Court of Victoria from 2008-2018.
Lady Marigold Southey AC was a Patron of Butterfly Foundation from 2005-2015. Lady Southey was made a Member of the Order of Australia in 1999 for her service to the community in support of healthcare, medical research and the arts, became a Commander of the Order (AC) in 2001, and was Lieutenant Governor of Victoria from 2001 to 2006.
For more information about our Partners, please contact Melissa Wilton, Head of Communications & Engagement on firstname.lastname@example.org