Our partners & supporters
Butterfly Foundation relies heavily on the support of the community to provide our essential services and support for those suffering from an eating disorder and negative body image along with their families, friends and carers. But we haven’t done this alone!
Over the past ten years, our Partners have contributed towards:
- The realisation of a National Helpline for those seeking vital assistance
- The provision of financial support for those who cannot afford vital treatment through our Financial Assistance for Recovery Program
- The development of Butterfly’s education programs which has reached over 560,000 young people in schools across Australia
- Pro bono legal support to assist in our governance and compliance requirements
- Development of KIT the chatbot
- Support for Body Kind Families
- Wandi Nerida – Australia’s first residential treatment centre for eating disorders
We are also very grateful for the support of the Federal Government and various state governments as well a number of Primary Health Networks across Australia.
Butterfly Foundation is proud to work with a number of Community Partners who work together to support those living with eating disorders and negative body image.
We acknowledge the following:
- Beyond Blue
- Blackdog Institute
- Eating Disorders Alliance of Australia (comprising Butterfly Foundation, Eating Disorders Queensland, Eating Disorders Victoria, Eating Disorders Families Australia and the Australia and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders)
- endED Australia
- Lifeline Australia
- Mental Health Commission
- National Eating Disorders Collaboration
- National LGBTI Health Alliance
- Office of the eSafety Commissioner
- Reconciliation Australia
- SANE Australia
- Embrace Multicultural Mental Health
- Centre of Culture, Ethnicity and Health
The Honourable Peter Vickery QC was the inaugural Patron of the Butterfly Foundation from its beginning in 2002 until 2014. Peter Vickery was appointed a Judge of the Supreme Court of Victoria from 2008-2018.
Lady Marigold Southey AC was a Patron of Butterfly Foundation from 2005-2015. Lady Southey was made a Member of the Order of Australia in 1999 for her service to the community in support of healthcare, medical research and the arts, became a Commander of the Order (AC) in 2001, and was Lieutenant Governor of Victoria from 2001 to 2006.
For more information about our Partners, please contact Melissa Wilton, Head of Communications & Engagement on email@example.com