Creating a Body Kind School Culture
Audience: All school staff (Specific primary focused session coming in 2024)
Session Length: 1 hour
Format: Face to face and Virtual
This session focuses on creating a positive, inclusive, Body Kind school environment to support young people’s body image. Designed for all staff, it explores how by challenging some of the strong cultural beliefs around eating, weight and health we can better support young people, ourselves and the people around us. Staff are guided through 6 practical strategies to support body kindness in the whole school community
- Understanding body image and latest prevalence statistics in young people
- The continuum of attitudes and behaviours leading to body dissatisfaction, disordered eating and eating disorders
- Three key cultural shifts to support body kindness
- Six steps to creating a Body Kind school culture.
- Encouraging Body Kind language
- Reviewing existing learning activities and resources – are they Body Kind?
- Applying a Body Kind lens to school policies
- Responding in Body Kind ways to student concerns
- Being a Body Kind role model
- Becoming an informed Body Kind community