There are so many confusing messages around weight and health even adults can end up struggling with their own body image.
This makes it easy to understand why it can be difficult for parents and carers to know how to support their child’s body confidence as they move through childhood and adolescence.
Our parent seminars are delivered in a relaxed yet informative way and aim to help answer the following questions:
- Why is developing a healthy body image important?
- What influences my child’s body-esteem?
- How should I respond if my child talks negatively about themselves or others?
- What should I do if my child is showing signs of unhealthy eating and exercise behaviour?
- How can I be a good role model?
- Where can I access further information and support?
The feedback both on the night and after the event was excellent. Thank you so much, we will definitely run another session in the future” (Community Services Coordinator, VIC)
“I really enjoyed hearing about how to respond to negative comments and really appreciated the way the session was informal yet informative.” (Parent, VIC)